Organization’s Background and Purpose of RFP
Humanities Montana is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to providing programs and grants on history, literature, Native American Studies, contemporary issues, and more across the state of Montana. We are celebrating our 47th year of service to Montana; each year we typically provide up to 240 programs and $150,000 in grants to organizations throughout Montana.
We are a state council of the National Endowment for the Humanities and are actively moving our services and messaging to be accessible to our constituents and partners across more online platforms. This includes building and designing a new website that is accessible to donors, grantees, program applicants, and the general public; working with our CRM and marketing and advocacy platform to create customized campaigns; gathering analytics to measure effectiveness on a weekly and/or monthly basis, and maintaining brand consistency across all marketing channels.
Digital Communications Specialist – Missoula, MT 59812
Humanities Montana will contract for a Digital Communications Specialist to support the Communications Director and staff. The Digital Communications Specialist will provide executive level communications strategic planning and execute internal and external communications campaigns and management projects for the Communications Director.
This positon will require 5-10 hours per week of contract work. Salary is negotiable.
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience in strategic communications / marketing and communications outreach, web communications, writing, editing, advertising and publishing with functional emphasis on digital media (e.g., web communications, social media, online journalism & editorial, rich Internet applications, mobile communications, online advertising).
- Skilled in communications and marketing strategy with demonstrated history of developing and managing projects in those areas.
- A working knowledge of branding concepts and writing for the web.
- Web experience should include understanding, embracing and using social media (FB, Twitter, Blogs, etc.) and new media technologies and techniques.
- A team player with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to attend one staff meeting per month.
- Must be able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Computer Science, Digital Design, or related field.
- Experience creating video and podcast content, photo editing and digital design (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Assists with planning and executing Humanities Montana’s overall marketing strategies.
- Designs, updates, and edits the Humanities Montana website.
- Designs, tests, and distributes the monthly Humanities Montana e-newsletter.
- Builds out and administers Humanities Montana’s YouTube site (or other video platforms).
- Designs, administers, and reports results for surveys through web platforms.
- Assists with managing Humanities Montana contact database and information technology.
- Creates and maintains special program applications.
- Manages Montana Author’s Project, an online interactive literary map.
- Creates fundraising campaigns, event pages, and interactive donation forms in advocacy platform.
- Remains current on best practices in web design and information delivery, including taking training as approved by the executive director.
- Other duties as negotiated.
Our schedule is:
- Application Materials due: March 29, 2019.
- Contract start date: May 1, 2019.
- Relaunch website and other communications tools: September 12, 2019.
- Letter of interest, indicating what makes you “right” for us, and better than other firms/individuals we could select.
- Webpages and other digital examples of your work.
Track record and references:
- Please provide us with a partial list of your current clients.
- Please provide the names and contact information of two people who can speak to your effectiveness as a digital communications specialist.
- Are you presently doing any work in the Missoula, Montana area? If so, which organizations and where?
Proposals are due no later than close of business on March 29 to:
Attn: Ken Egan
Missoula, MT 59812
For additional information, please call or email: Ken Egan at 406 243-6022; firstname.lastname@example.org.